Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CityScape

Kinder's Night cityscape!!
I really enjoy doing this project with the kindergartners towards the beginning of the school year because it is a fun way to practice really simple cutting and pasting skills (and they turn out really cute!!!) I started with a black paper, paint brush and and silver paint and we painted stars and a moon in the sky. This could have also been done with a white crayon too! Next, students are given rectangles of different sizes and I ask them to OVERLAP them on the bottom of the paper and glue them on with a small amount of glue. next i give them strips of yellow paper and they are to cut them into squares and glue them onto the buildings. I have them only use one dot of glue on each square and have the repeat after me, "a dot is a lot!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment