Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mrs. Castrigano's Paintings!!!


Here are just a few of my own paintings!! I currently show my painting in hair salons, restaurants and galleries in the Phoenix and Scottsdale areas. Art has always been my passion. Painting is what I turn to when I am happy, sad, mad, bored, or stressed! One of the things that I love most about my job is watching and guiding students to find their passion in life, whether it is art, music, writing, reading, acting and so on. Kids have the most amazing imaginations and I get so much of my inspiration from my students. I love their bold and bright colors and their fantastical creatures mixed with everyday images , which I can see in my own artwork. There is a common theory that " those who can't do teach!!" During my four years of doing both teaching and painting, I have found that they are completely interrelated. My teaching and students directly inspire my art and my art inspires me to teach my students to find their own joys in life.







No comments:

Post a Comment